Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thinking

I can't seem to find anything appropriate for today. I'm still reeling a bit from Monday and yesterday's comments really, really helped me see I'm not alone in my issues. I thank you all for that. 


And thanks for helping me see my kitties from the rescue perspective. Snafu and Yukon would most certainly not be alive today if they had not been taken from the shelter...possibly Angus too. They all come from the shelter as mentioned but Yukon's mother and littermate did not "make it," and Snafu was in the waiting kennel for his "turn" when DP took him home (she used to work there, if you didn't know).


So, I have to remember and appreciate their chance at having a life. They do.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I went back yesterday and read Trish's comment (haven't checked to see if there are others). Her point of view really does put things in perspective. If Annie and Chum hadn't been adopted, they'd have been euthanized. Nicki and Derry came from a no-kill shelter, but they'd have been relegated to a life in a cage, which really is no life at all. So it helps to remember that we do give them wonderful lives--or at least try our best to do so.

    It's just hard because their lives are so much shorter than the average human lifespan and it hurts so much to have to let them go.

    But then, that's our ego-perspective getting in the way and forgetting that, IMO, we're all spiritual Beings, all connected. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your courteous comments and observations.