Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Snows

Spring in New England 

means the promise of green grass around the corner...
March 30th


and then a reminder, just one last time, of where we're coming from.
April 1st

I couldn't help feel excited about this snow storm as it approached. I'm a lover of winter and although I look forward to spring's flowers and some greenery, spring snow is my favorite. It melts rather quickly so it doesn't equal a lot of work and further accumulation. I find it very cleansing, as spring is usually full of dirty old snow and lots of mud. LOTS OF MUD.

Thankfully, I have Fridays off from work so I just soaked in the day in front of our wood stove and enjoyed winter's final words (I’ll be back).


3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's Spring in much of Canada too.

    Goddess, but I despise winter. Truly. I *need* GREEN to thrive: leafy green trees, flowers, green grass....I always feel a zillion times better once winter has passed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had 21 days of rain in March. Last Saturday we had three inches of rain in four hours and flash flooding. Yesterday and the day before it was 86 degrees. Today it's back in the upper 60's. Spring on the Central Coast of California is a real potpourri of weather. Enjoy your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the weather here is so unsettled. I was to have friends visit for the Cherry Blossom Festival and they couldn't come after all and I'm kind of glad as the weather was cold, grey and rainy. I am happy for what I see sprouting my yard and what is soon to come...not so much July, though.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your courteous comments and observations.