Sunday, April 10, 2011

Egos, Psychics and Ham


I’ve been posting this blog for over two weeks now. Today is the first day I didn’t have a post prepared ahead of time. It’s not that I haven’t written, it’s that when I read back what I’ve written, it sounds really pompous and egotistical. So here I am calling myself out. 

The best part of blogging every day is that I am writing every day. Every DAY! I haven’t done that since I took two years off to write a book (no it wasn’t published). I am learning so very much about myself by having to be honest. My friend Moose Oliver wrote a post recently about a similar thing which helped me understand what was going on with me. When I write in my journal, I can be pompous and even tell myself lies, but I have learned that when you write knowing someone else is going to read it, it makes you take that other perspective. From this I learned I can be a bit over the top. 

So I ask you, my friends and readers, please call me out. Even if it stings me, I’d like to know about it when I don’t catch it.

Here may be an example: Yesterday I went to a local psychic fair. It was billed as a “Holistic and Mystic Fair.” I’ve got to tell you I was so not impressed. There were probably 25 or 30 tables/vendors selling everything from used books, jewelry, digital biofeedback readers, incense, crystals, candles (Scensty had a table) and of course 15 minute psychic readings. I cannot imagine being able to give a quality reading in a room full of people in 15 minutes, and I cannot believe that anyone paying for one, really thinks they are getting something of value. I can actually see possible value in a tarot reading or perhaps an astrological chart, where you’re drawing from symbolism, but really, just a “reading” out of the energy surrounding the person. It was such a frantic environment!!

And there was another issue we (DP met me there) took with some of the “vendors”. There were two animal communicators there so of course we were curious. We happened to be at the fair around lunch time and it was DP who noticed that both people, on opposite sides of the room, were eating ham. DP said, “Do you think they spoke to the pig and got permission?”


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to be honest with ourselves. But all we can do is try!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. talented GIFTED psychic reader or service over getting a "ham handed" free reading with a phone operator who is just making it up....and waiting for the moment to "bait and switch" me to pay out the nose.

    Best Psychics

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your courteous comments and observations.