Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bizarroland

It's 5:00 AM and there is nothing in my brain but an odd dream I woke up with. I was with a small group of people who were forced to exchange lives with another group (who planned the whole venture), but they lived in a different dimension beyond a special room. We went in one door from our world into a small hotel room with a couple of beds, a bath room and a bureau and a door on the opposite wall. Walking through that opposing door gave you a head rush after which the people on the other side would slap a "device" on your wrist which made you comply with their wishes.


Odd thing was they were just ordinary people. I was taken in by a family headed by a real skinny man and a large woman. I remember being excited that I was going to cook as I sat at the womans bar while she chopped onions in a fry pan. 


There were children in the background but I don't remember them. An older woman, an aunt, I guessed, was sitting in an easy chair and hoping she'd studied enough to be the nun she planned to take the life of.


I remember being particularly concerned that I had good sneakers to wear and plenty of socks and underwear, and I was upset because couldn't find my Swiss Army knife which wasn't in the jewelry box where I keep it.


And that's the kind of thing that goes on in my brain when I'm asleep. Sounds like that makings of a short sci-fi story.

4 comments:

  1. That's definitely worthy of a sci-fi story!

    I have a lot of very active, strange dreams, perhaps because my waking life is so dull. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think I may have HAD that dream! I have incredibly wild dreams almost every night. Yours sounds like a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! There is enough in that dream to keep a basket full of analysists busy for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely remember my dreams and when I wake up, am not quite in the mood to jot them down...I'm sure I'm missing something...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your courteous comments and observations.