Friday, May 20, 2011

Stir and Repeat

I have realized that writing for this blog is a little like writing in my journal. It’s only “a little” like my journal because I’m certainly not writing everything in a post I’d write in my journal. I don’t edit a journal entry (much).

Another thing not so similar is that I usually don’t read back over my journal entries unless it’s a year or more later. What I’m seeing and learning about myself in reading back over blog posts (before I write a new one) is that like everyone else, I deal with the same issues over and over again. On a blog, they are topics that I do not want to keep repeating unless I have a fresh new take on the old issue.

Therefore…I’ve decided that, like my journal which I do not write in everyday, I am not going to post daily.

Yay!

Whew!

I get myself into some crazy self imposed promises, but luckily it is only me this time who really cares if I break this one.

From this point forward I will post when I feel I have something new to say.

Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

  1. but I like little windows into your world... but better you do it for fun then feel stressed about it and avoid doing it at all.

    Hopefully you find yourself with a lot to say in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a dry stretch. It only means the cauldron is bubbling; cooking up some more good stuff. Ideas are like magma, and our conciousness the earth's crust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is repetition. Post when you want to or feel the urge to post. This is about you, not us. We will always be here.
    Maybe you can use the resolution to repeat to find yet undiscovered parts of you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your courteous comments and observations.