Sunday, May 22, 2011

Everything Dogs Hate

Yesterday was everything dogs hate day.

First off, it was Saturday, my cleaning day. When I vacuum the carpets, the dogs go outside or in their crates depending upon the weather. While they enjoy being outside, I don't play with them like DP does when she is here, and so they wait for her to come home from work…and they wait - outside or inside, they wait.

Second, it rained. So it was an in the crate day. It's only for 2 hours maximum depending upon my laundry schedule and other projects that may come up. They waited for DP to come home in their crates.

Third, it thundered. To them it was indeed the apocalypse, jolting them into a tight fit of barking when the boomers rang overhead. A sharp "that's enough!" pretty much quiets them right away. But when they are full of anxiety, like during a thunderstorm, they go in their crates, so even when I finished vacuuming, they stayed in their crates and waited.

To ease their predicament I gave them frozen peanut butter bones I found in the freezer. They were licked clean in ten minutes. Then the thunder boomed again and they were abandoned altogether in favor of panting.

Dogs in crates, waiting and panting…

Sorry puppies. Today is road trip day. I hope you have more fun today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your courteous comments and observations.