Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yes and Hey That's Enough Now


So when I told myself to say yes more often, I didn’t actually mean yes to ice cream every night after dinner, or yes to those incredibly delicious gourmet chocolate chip cookies from the Hannaford (our local supermarket chain) bakery. Nor did I mean yes to Cheese Doodles or Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Mesquite BBQ chips (I don’t care that they have 40% reduced fat) or Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies or Butter Snap Pretzels.

But somehow (oh, I know how) they made it through the gates of No and I’ve got the tight pants and shirts to prove it. I don’t have a scale because I gave them up a while ago along with a few other things, so I’m not going to stress over numbers.

However…

It’s time for the NO gates to come together just a little bit. Denial doesn’t mean for ever, it just means, “hey, that’s enough for now!”

I’ve got to leave room to lose so I can have available “space” to fill come the winter holidays!

No more!  Just as soon as I finish the Cheddar Bunnies and Pretzels…

3 comments:

  1. I said the same thing last week. Must be spring. Sounds better than old age! Post-hysterectomy, my metabolism is changing. Time to start out walking again. Or should I don a raincoat and start running after the neighbors? heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That's about how I operate, have a terrible sugar addiction. I'll end up with Type 2 Diabetes if I don't cut out most of the sweets.

    As for scales...I haven't had one since my early to mid-20s. I obsessed about the numbers when I had one, so finally chucked it. I get weighed maybe once a year, when I have to go to the doctor. Otherwise I just go by how my clothes fit. I've always been short and compact and chunky from the waist down, and losing weight at my age seems more effort than it's worth. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same spot you are, just a little more dramatically. I've been tested for food allergies and have been told I should stay away from many of the things I eat on a regular basis. Seems I'm saying NO every time I need to eat, so I'm trying to frame it in a yes, by trying to convince myself that I am getting to eat healthy foods that will make me healthy. Doesn't always work though.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your courteous comments and observations.