Monday, March 28, 2011

Life Is Complete!


I have been on a search for something. As I thought more and more about it, it became the answer.  It was something I had to have. At first I thought I could buy it on the cheap, but it was not to be found at Goodwill or Big Lots. The longer I didn’t have it, the more important it became. I couldn’t do anything more until I had it. So on payday I went to Walmart determined to bring it home. Walking down the designated aisle I encountered my first specimen. It was too big. Fine tuning my search I found the next likely candidate, but it was too long. When I located the item I had pictured in my mind, it was the right size, but it was the wrong color and it was hard where I expected it to be soft. Thinking I could overlook these blemishes I pulled the item off the shelf, but it was enormously heavy and that was the third strike. I almost panicked. Was this not going to be the answer after all? I couldn’t find it at Goodwill or Big Lots, and now this?

What should I do?

 K-Mart. I was not going to be so easily defeated. I packed up my groceries and headed over to K-Mart.

Tucked away on the dusty bottom shelf, I found only two. One had half the packaging missing, the other had paint scraped off the edge. I pulled out half packaged one and lifted it. I could manage that, I thought. It was the right size, the right color and it was soft where I expected. It was just like the ones we had growing up. This was it. I hauled it to the front, made my purchase for $5 more than I intended to spend and brought it home.

With the remaining packaging removed I gave it a quick wash down with Lysol Kitchen Disinfectant spray and set it up in the middle of our living room in front of the wood stove. I was elated and glowing with satisfaction until I took a deep breath then started laughing at myself and the expectation I had placed in this “thing”. With no one but the cats to hear me I said out loud, “Now, my life is complete!” Now I will be able to sit down and write my book, my memoir, my blog and become a famous author!  All because of this…




A card table. 

Well I am sitting at it right now and writing this. Of course I had to bring all my computer equipment out of my office first.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!
    It's funny the things we get stuck in our crawl....before we can begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me smile, as I have a new laptop and a small table I move around. And I was at IKEA last week and found the cutest small desk and stool that I want for my kitchen...to write my book? or blog more and enjoy the change of scenery...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your courteous comments and observations.